What if I show you how to remove all of the obstacles
in your mind and fingers by giving you step-by-step
instructions and tabs that allow you to play over 15
legendary acoustic guitar styles -- and express what's in
your heart and soul with your guitar?
What if I could show you -- in 3 fun hours -- the powerful
pro guitar techniques that can help you play all your
What if you could learn to play amazing sounding acoustic
guitar, using techniques that are as natural as eating a
slice of homemade apple pie?
Soul of Acoustic Guitar is a truly jam-packed 3-DVD guitar course complete with 35 pages of tabs, that will teach you the secrets to playing like legendary acoustic artists in 15 different styles...
...plus TONS of juicy guitar tricks that YOU can learn almost immediately. Here's just some of them:
- You'll learn "Riversong", a rolling folksy groove that really captures a soulful acoustic sound. 10:54
- How to combine sliding notes with picking patterns for a new cool sound 21:52
- How to combine strumming with fingerpicking for a truly full, rich acoustic sound. Plus: how to create your own variations and get a wild rolling freedom into your rhythm playing 29:03
It blew my mind how simple it actually is to sound like James Taylor with some alternate chord voicings that give your playing an incredible chiming sound. Plus:
- A nice classic blues turnaround that sounds authentic and exciting. 37:27
- How to take any blues rhythm and make it rockin. This is a trick that Muddy Watters developed 38:22
Keith Richards uses it... most of the top acoustic blues masters use it (yet rarely talk about in interviews). It will open up new worlds you never even knew existed. Best of all: it's literally child's play! Jimmy actually teaches it to kids just starting out every year and they all love it!
With this amazingly straightforward (yet powerful sounding) secret you'll be playing some tasty acoustic licks and riffs that most people couldn't play to save their life.
What's great is that you can use this secret to play some smokin' blues - and if you speed it up and add a bit more intensity and attitude: you've got acoustic rock!
And if you play slow and smooth using "ring chords", you'll have epic masterpieces that everyone will love!
- How to get the salty bluesgrass sound using open strings 44:14
- Another twist you can master: Funky licks that gives you the "honky tonk" sound 45:26
- Learn "Stumbling into Ecstasy", a Jimmy Dillon masterpiece that will show you how to create rumbling bass with your fingerpicking and a heavy thunderous feel 48:13
- How to do melodic climbs that let you create interesting interludes inside of a simple chord progression: 50:09
Jimmy will show you a white-hot acoustic soulful rockabilly riff that is a blast to play - what's great about it is: you'll sound like a ONE MAN BAND.
You'll love the "Mamma-Daddy Rockabilly Groove" that you can use to make any acoustic riff come to life with vibrant energy and make everybody dance their bums off!
- You will also learn some twangy, spicy licks that you can use to create a fast bluegrass sound 54:14
- Also, you'll learn an amazing hammer on lick that really holds the rhythm down. This is a great way to create a solid rhythm so you can serve the song in the session 58:26
Believe it or not, that's all just on the first DVD. You're gonna go bananas over what's on DVD 2:
Well guess what - you can! Here's what you're about to discover:
- How to sound like Chuck Berry with tried-and-true bluesy rock and roll licks. 8:38
- How to combine blues shuffle rhythms with lead guitar licks for a killer bluesy downhome feel. 15:15
You'll learn the exact notes and licks to play, and when to play them, and... priceless wisdom and advice. For example:
Jimmy finally exploses the greatest weakness of 99% of lead guitarists. It's their biggest blind spot and it ruins their success as "studio session players" and Jimmy will teach you how to avoid this fatal mistake.
And there's lots more.
This is how you can tell a "whole story" by yourself as a guitarist. This is the secret to electrifying a crowd live... or at a party... or at a bonfire.
The fact is, a lot of guitar players try playing in front of other people by themselves and its BORING. Often, a guitarist just doesn't get the reaction he's aiming for. Why? Because he's playing a "one man guitar part" since he can hear the drums and bass in his head. The problem is, NO ONE ELSE DOES!
Let Jimmy show you exactly how to add "thump, bass, drums and thud" to your guitar playing! This is one of the biggest keys to elevating your playing to the next level.
- How to climb up the G-string with a candy-coated lick that sounds wicked! You'll learn a few cool variations of this magical little diddy. 16:32
- How to play with other guitarists and sound great by combinging Dom9 chords against a more simple rhythm 17:54
- The tension and release blues technique that incorporates a classic lick 18:35
- Expand on the basic blues progression with killer harmonies that make you sound like a monster blues master 23:27
- Learn 3 totally differnt kinds of turnarounds for acoustic blues 30:54
- In a rut with your playing? Then bust out instantly with cool folky fingerstyle guitar that uses suspended chords to create a wonderful open sound. 35:28
- The ritchie havens guitar style is decoded. you wont believe how simple (yet cool) this is: 45:13
There is a lot more, but let's jump right to DVD 3.
DVD 3 starts off exploring the key of B minor, and I hope you're ready to be overloaded with powerful guitar secrets. Here's what's in store for you:
- Learn to write killer chord changes using exotic flavors and sounds 2:17
- How to get a harp-like sound on your axe. 7:50
- Yes, you will learn the chords, the picking patterns, and tricks to get the Andy Summers police sound 10:03
- Jimmy reveals some nice fast pull-off licks that give you the acoustic "shredder" sound immediately so you don't have to spend years building your chops 10:53
- This is the guitar course that just keeps on giving. There's loads more goodies like the lick that you can throw in at the end of ANY chord that instantly gives you that "pro acoustic sound".
- One of the best tricks when playing with another guitarist is what I call "Sweet Layering". It's like building a layered chocolate cake with 2 guitar parts.
You'll get the inside scoop on how to do this, including using harmonics to bring out that "edgy-ness" that U2 is famous for.
- Want to write your own songs? Then you need these killer songwriting secrets, especially how to move around to different chords 23:03
Yes, you will learn how to get that mystical "Zeppy" acoustic sound, using special D chord formations, open chord picking patterns, and chromatic tricks.
Then, Jimmy shows you how to get the "Celtic" sound on your axe. Seems like almost no stone is unturned in this tour de force of an instructional guitar DVD.
- how to create different moods, different shades and emotional highs and lows with different chord changes 26:13
- the walkdown technique , plus how to add tension to a chordal passage 26:59
Plus: You'll learn some new chord progressions that you've probably never heard before and Jimmy will show you how to make them come to life a variety of ways with enlightening finger-picking patterns.
Also, you'll learn lots of interesting, unusual chords like "The Alfred Hitchcock chord", "The Police Chord" and many, many others... Nothing adds "freshness" to your guitar world like NEW chords.
Jimmy also wants to show you how to EASILY combine: bass, picking and melodies together. This is one of the big keys to really making an acoustic come to life. Hint: There's 1 key that makes this 10 times easier than any other key.
Do you want to write powerful, haunting minor pieces that truly hit the heart and soul?
What's amazing about watching these DVDs is that you'll hear these instantly recognizable guitar sounds, and see how simple they are to recreate, once you know their secret. Here's another:
Yes, learn exactly how to create chordal magic like Hendrix. By the time you're done watching these DVDs, you'll be twice the acoustic guitarist you are now.
Then, just spend a few minutes a day with these easy-to-read, easy-to-play tabs. Don't be surprised if your playing improves by leaps and bounds.
I could sing the praises of Jimmy Dillon and Soul of Acoustic Guitar 'till the cows come home, but I think I've gone on long enough. My point is, if you're passionate about the guitar, you need these DVDs!
First, he's shared the stage with legends like: Sting, Santana, B.B. King, John Lee Hooker and more... He's recorded multiple CDs.
He's toured the world and built a name for himself among music insiders as the "go-to-guitarist from the west coast".
He's also the founder of an amazing learning experience for kids and up-and-coming musicians at a special music camp called "Blues Stars". Here's what Jimmy says in his own words: